Saturday 19 December 2015

ASHLEY MAWERE


ASHLEY
MAWERE
PEACE AGAINST TERRORISM
peace where art thou the dame I need to know
Momma cries for me
But last she saw me she wiped my tears
Momma cries for me but my tears fall for daddy
Daddy left me crying and the news says he bid farewell
Tell me if he waved goodbye or if he smiled
Please don’t hide behind your tinted picture for I need to know
I need to know if his last wave is the reason every mom’s heart is sore
I need to know if my friends will smile tomorrow
Or if another woman’s tear will dilute the bloody streets
I wait at heaven’s gate and the queue grows long
Daddy I need to know what you did because I don’t see you here
Dear God give me peace of mind as this terror draws near
Peace where art thou, the dame I need to know

Ashley Mawere
ZIMBABWE


No comments:

Post a Comment