Saturday 19 December 2015

GEORGE ONSY


GEORGE ONSY
In Memory of Violence’s Victims Everywhere
TO THE BLOOD

O blood,
I wish you had
A sound
To crack the silence
Of conscience’s
Sleep profound

O blood,
I wish you had
No color
Reminding me
Of a rose
Once given
To a victim’s lover

O blood,
Others’ or mine,
Stay on earth
To draw clear
The long-awaited
Red line.

A WHITE CHRISTMAS WITH BLOOD-RED DROPS

Amid winter trees decorated
With colorful gifts
And delight’s rays
Here is coming again
Your commercialized birthday.
O little child,
It’s true you chose
To be born
The poorest of all,
Yet, how I hated to see
Thousands of children
Slain in your place
When you fled
The sword’s pain!
Did you really escape, that way,
Death that thousands of children
Suffer everyday??
However, I heard your answer
As I saw you here,
In your refuge country,
Egypt, the Great School
Of No-Death, of Eternity.
With your small fingers,
Teasing a joyful butterfly
That went dancing across
The air of your warm breath
After she had just broken free
From the coffin of her caterpillar,
You smiled at me and said:
It will take me 33 more years
To join them all,
As a universal martyr
Of the entire history,
Turning forever,
With my loving redemption,
The very power of death
Into a victorious Resurrection.


THE WORD AND THE SWORD

O My word! My word!
Be stronger than
Violence’s slaying sword!
Set free truth with meanings
Never known .. never told!
Just tell the history
How the sword
Has always been trying
To shatter people’s security
Bringing unwanted death
But death is nothing but
A gate to eternity.
Tell the sword that glares
Under disgusted suns
To conquer and gain
That all will go in vain.
For love and peace,
Through the divine WORD,
Will finally reign.

In memory of all victims of violence in the whole world, in particular, the victims shot killed at a peaceful wedding in Egypt, October 21, 2013.
THE SUFFERING HUMANITY

O suffering humanity,
You reshape in my eyes
A Suffering Divinity
That once came
To share your passion
But if you ask me:
Is suffering a must?
I would suggest you
To come and see
The Resurrected One
Who wins at last.

In Memory of the Little Child Found Dead on the Seashore
THE SEA DEFENDING HIMSELF

No, no, not me!!
It’s not me!
Who could do
Such a horrible thing
For whatever reason
It might be

It’s not me!
It was a creature,
Who calls himself
‘Human being’,
Who did it,
Didn’t he??

It’s not me!
Who made of myself
A refuge for desperate
Souls fleeing a graveyard
That’s once been
A dear homeland
Have you forgotten?!!
I’m not the harbor,
I’m the sea.

It’s not me
So, I’ve just
Thrown him up.
He never belongs here,
I was only trying
To set him free.

It’s not me!
For if the deluge
Of innocent blood
Ever stains
My loyal blue
I would turn my water
Into tears to stay
Forever the sea
You wish to see.

In memory of the little child found dead at the sea shore
THE DROWNED LITTLE CHILD’S CRY

Nooooo
No more poems!
No more pity!
No more tears
To shed!
Don’t you see?
I’m already DEAD!
I’m not alone
There are hundreds
And thousands
Who have also gone.

No more sympathy!
No more hugs!
No more aids, shelters
Nor foods to store!
Believe me,
It takes much
Much more!

Yes, it should take
You all out to the street,
In the longest march
Your governments
Would ever meet,
To scream and shout:
“STOP arming killers!
Your hidden agenda,
Your blinding media
We’ve, at last, come
To know all about”.

George Onsy
EGYPT


No comments:

Post a Comment